It’s amazing how muscles and bones work together to allow us to perform countless movements. Think of all your activities in a typical day – breathing, talking, sitting, standing, walking. Muscles pull on various segments of your skeleton to allow you to move. But movement wouldn’t be possible without the joints between the bones.
When we are young, we enjoy running, playing and jumping but don’t think much about the joints between our 206 bones. We are like new cars with well lubricated parts. But just like your car, with extended use our parts can wear out too.
As we age, our joints experience a number of changes. The changes in the most movable “synovial” joints, like the arm, hip, hand, or knee have the greatest impact and present the greatest problems. For centuries, the stiffness, immobility and discomfort has been generally accepted as a “normal” part of aging. But are these conditions really unavoidable?
Mounting scientific data indicate that aging joint issues could, at least partially, be prevented and corrected. As today’s technological advances shed light on how joint soreness develops at the cellular and molecular levels, and as we improve our understanding of the physiological processes, it is easier to find ways to help our joints.
Four Things You Can Do Today to Help Your Joints
1. Increase foods high in antioxidants – Keeping in mind that free radicals can be harmful to joint health, increasing a full spectrum of antioxidants can help including:
- Berries – sour cherry, strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, black currant
- Pomegranate, grapes, oranges
- Walnuts, sunflower seeds
- Kale, red beets, ginger, peppers, carrots and parsley
2. Maintain a normal body weight – Excess weight leads to premature wear and tear
3. Exercise – Regular, moderate exercise offers many benefits. It reduces stiffness and discomfort and increases flexibility and endurance.
4. Try joint supplements – Look for supplements with the following nutrients:
- Glucosamine sulfate – the building block of cartilage, ligaments and joint fluid
- Chondroitin sulfate – keeps joints cushioned and flexible, so you can stay active
- Boswellin – helps relieve swelling
- Turmeric – helps lessen inflammation and tenderness
- Evening Primrose – with rich Omega 6 EFAs, this oil can result in significant reduction of morning stiffness
- Bromelain – reduces toxins in joints
- Cayenne – provide major anti-inflammatory support to all parts of joints
- Calcium – shown to fight osteoporosis in aging joints
Ultra Joint Complex from Botanic Choice contains all of the above ingredients, plus many more joint-supporting nutrients. Our customers have shared with us that they experience relief from aching joints, sometimes in as little as two weeks! Morning stiffness becomes a thing of the past, they’re sleeping better and are even able to take up new hobbies. For many, it’s been a life-changing supplement.