‘Tis that wonderful time of the year when the outdoors burst with color; the flowers are in full bloom and the trees are coming back to life. While nature coming back to life may be beautiful to look at, it can be quite horrible to deal with if you are an allergy sufferer. If you suffer from itchy, watery eyes, a scratchy throat, a congested or runny nose or non-stop sneezing, than you are likely one of the millions of people who suffer from seasonal allergies.
While there are several medications available that offer allergy relief, they can leave you feeling tired and listless. Instead, cure your allergies with natural remedies and start enjoying the beauty of spring again.
- Saline Solution. Relief for your allergies may be as simple as using a saline solution as a nasal irrigation. Saline solution is nothing more than salt water and you can purchase it ready-made at any pharmacy. When you are feeling dried out, stuffy or runny, simply spray the solution 2 to 3 times in each nostril and you’ll feel immediate relief.
- Peppermint Tea. Another fantastic home remedy for allergies is peppermint tea. This hot beverage contains essential oils that serve as a decongestant because it contains anti-inflammatory properties. The delightful aroma and warmth of the beverage will help to soothe you, as well.
- Spicy Foods. If you’re an allergy sufferer who lives spicy foods, than you’re in look. Spicy foods can actually help to clear those clogged nasal passages. Foods that contain cayenne pepper, fenugreek, ginger and wasabi are ideal for easing those allergy symptoms. The spicier the better, so go ahead and add some kick to that dish!
- Steam it Out. Breathing in hot steam can really help to relieve those allergy symptoms. Hot steam will soothe your sinuses, making it easier to breath. Simply boil a few cups of water and place it in a large bowl. Position your head a few inches over the bowl and place a towel over our head. Breathe in that steam and you will feel almost instant relief. Add a few drops of peppermint oil to kick up the effects of this natural remedy.
- Supplement. You may not be getting all of the right nutrition your body needs to stay strong and fortify itself against pesky free radicals. Adding an immune-boosting herbal supplement full of antioxidants like Olive Leaf (oleuropein), Pterostilbene and Blueberry Extract, or Botanic Choice’s exclusive Super Berry Complex, can give your body the nutritional support it needs for optimum health and wellness.
Don’t let allergies drag you down, and don’t suffer from the side effects of OTC medications any longer. While none of these will cure, prevent, or treat your allergies per se, you may find some comfort and benefits to your health with these natural remedies.