Tea is the second-most consumed beverage in the world next to water. Whether it’s green tea, black tea, or herbal teas, you can not only enjoy a wonderful drinking experience, but your body with thank you for the health benefits tea imparts.
However, so many people are somewhat hesitant to brew a fresh cup of hot tea. Whether it’s a matter of convenience, a fear of scalding, or simply a dislike of warm beverages (especially on a hot summer day), many people choose other less healthy beverages full of sugar and additives like soda, drink mixes, and energy drinks.
Well… who says you have to drink your tea hot? Here is a simple tip to create a nice iced tea that uses no stove top or microwave to boil water, and, in fact, involves no boiling water AT ALL!
Recipe for Sun Tea
- 4 cups of water
- 5 tea bags or 5 teaspoons of tea leaves or herbal tea
- Get yourself a 2-quart-sized glass carafe or pitcher.
- Thoroughly clean and dry your glass container.
- Add to your container 4 cups of cold water (preferably filtered water for the cleanest possible taste and finish).
- Add 5 tea bags or 5 teaspoons of tea leaves or herbal tea to your water (you can also use a tea strainer for loose tea).
- Place your glass container with the tea added in direct sunlight (be sure to cover your container if leaving outside).
- Allow your tea to steep for at least 2 hours. Be sure to taste with a clean teaspoon to ensure the desired potency of flavor.
- Remove the tea bags or strain the loose tea from your water thoroughly.
- Serve your tea immediately and within the next few hours for the best flavor in a glass or a ceramic cup. Add ice or refrigerate for iced tea. Garnish as you like, and enjoy!
Check out Botanic Choice’s selection of herbal, green, and black teas today and start your own homemade sun brew today!