The purpose of this policy is to inform you of:
- The personal information we collect when you visit our website and/or call or order from us via fax, phone or mail
- Why we gather this information
- How we use it
- How to contact us
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following kinds of information when you use botanicchoice.com:
Information you provide directly to us. For certain activities, such as when you register, make a purchase, sign up to receive emails, or contact us directly via mail, fax or phone, we may collect some or all of the following types of information:
- Contact information, such as your full name, email address, mobile phone number, landline phone number, and address.
- Username and password.
- Gender, date of birth, languages spoken, educational background, and bank account information
- Personal health information if and when provided
- Any other information you provide to us.
We may combine such information with information we already have about you.
Information we collect automatically. We may collect certain information automatically when you use our website, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, device and advertising identifiers, browser type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using botanicchoice.com, the date and time of your visit, information about the links you click and pages you view within the website, and other standard server log information. We may also collect certain location information when you use our website, such as your computer’s IP address, your mobile device’s GPS signal, or information about nearby WiFi access points and cell towers.
We may also collect technical data to address and fix technical problems and improve our website performance, including the memory state of your device when a system or app crash occurs while using our website. Your device or browser settings may permit you to control the collection of this technical data. This data may include parts of our site or other computer programs you were using when a problem occurred, or the contents of your communications. By using or visiting botanicchoice.com, you are consenting to the collection of this technical data.
We may also receive information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations. We may combine our first-party data, such as your email address or name, with third-party data from other sources and use this to contact you (e.g. through direct mail). For example, if you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, through botanicchoice.com to login to our site or to share information about your experience with botanicchoice.com, we may collect information from these third-party services.
How do we use the information?
We generally use the information we collect online to:
- Provide and improve our products and services to you;
- Contact you
- Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information
- Send you information about additional information about us or on behalf of our affiliates and trusted third-party partners
- Analyze the use of botanicchoice.com and user data to understand and improve our website and improve your experience
- Customize the content you see when you use our websit
- Conduct research using your information, which may be subject to your separate written authorization
How and with whom might we share information?
We are devoted to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers. We may share your information with third-party vendors and service-providers that help us with specialized services, including billing, payment processing, customer service, email deployment, business analytics, marketing (including but not limited to advertising, attribution, deep-linking, direct-mail, mobile marketing, optimization and retargeting) advertising, performance monitoring, hosting, and data processing. These third-party vendors and service providers may not use your information for purposes other than those related to the services they are providing to us.
- Research partners. We may share your information with our research partners to conduct research; such sharing may be subject to your separate written authorization.
- Corporate affiliates. We may share your information with our corporate affiliates that are subject to this policy.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the unlikely event of: sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or bankruptcy.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, health, safety, and security of botanicchoice.com, Botanic Choice, Indiana Botanic Gardens, Inc, our affiliates, users, or the public. If we are legally compelled to disclose information about you to a third party, we will attempt to notify you by sending an email to the email address in our records unless doing so would violate the law or unless you have not provided your email address to us.
- With your consent or at your direction. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent or direction.
On June 28, 2018, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) was signed into law. The CCPA goes into effect on January 1, 2020. The CCPA grants California residents various rights in regard to their personal information.
Personal information is defined as information that identifies, relates, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. Some examples include:
- Standard personal information, such as name, address, or government ID numbers
- Commercial information including goods or services purchased by the consumer
- Web-based information including browsing and search history
- Email address or phone number
Individual Rights under CCPA
California residents have the following rights:
- Right to request a copy of their personal information
- Right to request that their personal information be deleted
- Right to request that their personal information not be sold to third parties
- Right to equal service and price when any of the above rights are exercised
Botanic Choice will process any of the above requests within a timely manner. To submit a request, customers can contact us via mail, email or phone as shown below. The request must contain all pertinent details.
What are the rights for EU residents?
European Union General Data Protection Regulations gives you specific rights regarding your personal data including:
- Access to your information and ability to correct or update it.
- Request to remove or limit use of information.
- Request a copy of your information.
- Withdraw consent to use personal information.
- Lodge a complaint to an authority in your home country.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights described above and submit a request of your information, click here.
Children under 18
This Site is not directed to nor does it knowingly collect any personal information from children under 18 years of age. If you are under 18, you may only use this Site with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
How can you contact us?
Indiana Botanic Gardens, INC.
3401 West 37th Avenue
Hobart, IN 46324
- Order 24 Hours - 7 Day a Week
- Customer Service: Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm CST. Sat 9am - 5pm CST.
Print Mail Lists
If you do not wish to receive print mail from Indiana Botanic Gardens regarding new products or special sale opportunities, write, phone or email us and ask to be excluded. If you do not wish to receive mail from other reputable organizations whose products or services you might find interesting, please write, phone or email us with your request.