How Can I Improve My Prostate Health?
September 20, 2022
How can I improve my prostate health and stay comfortable in my 40s, 50s and beyond? Here’s 9 natural tips and support you can start doing now to help improve your prostate health & life. You can also buy prostate supplements from our catalog or online store.
In this Healthy Insight:
How can I improve my prostate health?
At some point in a man’s life, prostate health will be a main concern. For a gland that’s about the size of a walnut (normal size), it can have a profound effect on men’s health and life as they age. The build up of hormones and toxin levels can have a negative impact on the prostate and reproductive system. While genetics plays a role, how can I improve my prostate health? Here are 9 ways:
- Eat a balanced diet
- That includes leafy, green vegetables, like lettuce, spinach and broccoli and a variety of fruits. Fresh produce is loaded with vitamins and antioxidants. Aim for 5 servings daily.
- Limit consumption of red meats
- That including beef, pork and lamb as well as lunch meats.
- Get some sun.
- Your body naturally produces valuable vitamin D from sunlight, so get outside for a few minutes when you can.
- Get screened.
- It’s suggested that men with normal risk for prostate issues begin screenings at age 55. If you’re part of a high-risk group work with your doctor as you may need earlier screening. This is an essential way to improve your prostate health.
- Make wise food choices.
- Avoid sugary drinks and cut back on salt intake. Read food labels carefully as salt is often included in items you’d least expect. Limit canned, processed, frozen and fast foods, and instead choose fish (high in Omega-3), skinless poultry, fresh produce, nuts, and whole grains.
- Watch portion sizes.
- Since it takes about 20 minutes for your brain to receive a signal that you’re full, chew slowly to give your body time.
- Stay active.
- Try green tea.
- It’s been used for centuries for health and wellness and now research shows it’s loaded with antioxidants that may support men’s changing needs as well. Decaffeinated is best since caffeine can increase discomfort and urination urgency.
- Try prostate-supporting supplements.
Find more information on prostate health and to shop prostate health supplements visit our online store now.
This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice and should not be relied upon. Before making any changes to your health plan, always seek advice from your doctor about your concerns, risks and benefits.