Liquid Vitamins vs. Pills: Which Is Better?
August 9, 2022
In This Healthy Insight:
Benefits of liquid extracts
- Ready, fast absorption. Within a minute a liquid extract touches your tongue, it gets to work in the bloodstream.
- Easy to digest. Due to a variety of reasons, certain individuals may have difficulty digesting capsules and tablets, making liquid extracts an ideal option.
- Ease of taking. Simply mix them with water, juice, tea or favorite beverage.
- Greater potency. Just the plant and its beneficial nutrients in their most potent state.
- Taste. Many of them are flavorful and soothing including Ginger, Cranberry and Green Tea.
- Flexible dose. Easily cut the dosage down to a drop or half-drop and adjust from there.
- Customized to your needs. Want to support your immune system, heart health plus digestion? Mix various liquid extracts to address each of those concerns into a single, customized dose.
- Longer shelf life. When stored in a cool, dark cabinet out of direct sunlight or near heat, liquid extracts can last two to five years.
Benefits of pills: capsules and tablets
- Commonly accepted as a typical format. Most vitamins and supplements are in capsule or tablet form.
- Often have a lower cost due to simplified manufacturing processes.
- Portability. Pills are easy to put in your pocket, purse or suitcase so you can take anywhere.
- Can offer a unique blend of custom ingredients. There are formulas that combine vitamins, minerals, herbs and other nutrients for condition-specific needs like circulation, blood pressure or digestion.
- Sometimes they’re chewable or dissolvable. This applies mainly to tablets, which can get to work right away as their ingredients are absorbed into your system.
- Easy to adapt to your needs. Capsules can be broken apart and tablets can be crushed and added to a smoothie or yogurt.
- Coated for ease of swallowing. High-quality supplements usually use inactive ingredients that assist in absorption as does the natural coating of tablets.
- Capsules are odorless and tasteless. Since all the nutrients are inside a hard gelatin, most capsules have no aroma or taste.
Tablets and capsules are the typical choice for supplementation, but liquid extracts are exploding in popularity. Whatever your health need, you’ll find a huge variety of liquid extracts to support it. Check them out today!