What Is Turmeric Good For?
June 5, 2023
Turmeric and curcumin are often used synonymously but they’re not the same. Turmeric supplements are made from the underground stem (rhizome) of the Curcuma longa plant and is a common spice.
In this Healthy Insight:
What is turmeric?
Turmeric and curcumin
Turmeric and curcumin are herbs often used synonymously but they’re not the same. Turmeric supplements are made from the underground stem (rhizome) of the Curcuma longa plant and is a common spice. Curcumin is a major component of turmeric, and the turmeric benefits are often attributed to the curcuminoids within curcumin. Curcumin is also what gives turmeric its yellow color.
Turmeric uses and benefits
- Supports bone and joint health
- Eases stiffness for comfort and smoother movement
- Promotes gut health to protect your defenses
- Supports healthy, clear skin
- Helps support immune system to stay strong
- Encourages proper digestion
- Delivers powerful antioxidants
- Works with the body’s natural defenses
- Plays a beneficial role in overall cardiovascular and cholesterol health
As always, if you decide to add turmeric for your daily health regime, please consult with your healthcare provider first. Then start with the lowest dose and monitor from there.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.