Top 10 Reasons to Use Aloe Vera
January 2, 2020
If you’re like a lot of other people, you may keep an aloe vera plant in your house and use its gel to soothe sunburns, scrapes and other irritations. Topical application is just one of its many benefits.
Aloe vera’s medicinal use can be traced back 6,000 years to ancient Egypt where it was prized for beauty, health and immortality. Other civilizations throughout the world embraced it as well. Today this “miracle” plant is frequently found in food, health and cosmetic products.
Common Uses and Benefits of Aloe Vera
1. Immune System Supporter – 70% of your immune system lies in your gut, so keeping it in tip-top shape ensures proper intestinal balance and nutrient absorption.
2. Digestive Aid – Aloe vera encourages regularity and helps clear toxins from your body.
3. Energy Booster – The average American has 5-10 pounds of decaying fecal matter and undigested food clogging the colon, leading to fatigue and other health issues. Regular elimination boosts energy and keeps you feeling great.
4. Mouth Rinse – Many mouthwashes include aloe vera since it cleanses gums, tongue and mouth. It leaves your breath fresh and keeps dental plaque at bay.
5. Skin Care– As you age, your skin gets thinner and age spots, crow’s feet, and wrinkles pop up. Since your skin replenishes itself about every 21 to 28 days, regularly applying aloe vera, provides it with the nutrition it needs for smoother, younger looking skin.
7. Free Radical Fighter – Aloe vera is a powerful antioxidant that fights free radicals, a waste product that’s naturally created when food is turned into energy. When left unchecked, free radicals can wreak havoc on your system, leading to long-term health concerns.
8. Burn and Wound Healer – The bulk of the aloe leaf gel is 96% water. Applied to wounds, aloe vera gel cools pain, eases swelling, and combats germs.
9. Foot Care – Available in foot soaks, lotions and creams, aloe vera eases itching and burning, softens corns and calluses, and leaves feet feeling fresh and clean.
10. Keeps You Healthy – Chock-full of more than 200+ active compounds, aloe vera contains calcium, sodium, iron, potassium, magnesium, vitamins A, B, C, E, folic acid and more. Because your body does not store all of these, they must be replenished daily. Aloe vera is the ideal way to give your body the nutrition it craves.
To learn more about this amazing, multi-purpose plant, check out this full line of aloe vera products.