How to Detox Your Body, Naturally
February 3, 2020
Consider the following:
- 62 toxic chemicals are found in the average home.
- Each day, the average urban infant ingests 110 nanograms of benzo(a)pyrene, the most toxic hydrocarbon. This is equivalent to smoking three cigarettes a day!
- Out of 2,983 chemicals used in personal care products, 884 were found to be toxic.
- Asbestos was used in wall and ceiling insulation in any home built before 1950 and in insulation for hot water pipes, steam pipes, furnaces and boilers until the 1970s.
- The average American has 5-10 pounds, or 8 meals, of waste material clogging the digestive system/colon and left unchecked, could flow into the bloodstream and other organs such as the liver and kidneys.
Fiber adds necessary bulk to your digestive waste and makes it easier to eliminate unwanted materials.
Pineapples are loaded with essential vitamins and minerals but are notorious for containing bromelain, a group of digestive enzymes that help break down food for absorption and elimination.
Avocados are a great source of essential fatty acids that help prevent the absorption and promote the excretion of unhealthy fats.
Broccoli & garlic support antioxidants, such as glutathione, that cleanse the body naturally.
Exercising regularly supports the waste cleaning system, helps flush toxins through sweating and regulates digestion.
Drinking water keeps things moving in your GI tract, helping to eliminate toxins and preventing constipation.
Getting enough sleep gives the digestive system time to rest, repair and rebuild the tissues that are at work most of the day.
Limit alcohol, coffee, cigarettes, stress, sugar and processed foods. These can disrupt digestion or damage the organs involved in the process.
Switch to natural household cleaners, as many cleaning products include toxic chemicals.
Check the ingredients in your cosmetics. Fragrances, parabens and a plethora of chemicals can be found in many cosmetic products.
Other ways to detox and improve the digestive system include hydrotherapy, colon hydrotherapy, sauna sessions, detox foot baths and supplements.
Supplements to help detox and support healthy digestion
Digestive enzymes help break down and process food for better absorption and elimination.
Apple cider vinegar aids digestive enzymes in breaking down food.
Ginger and fennel help soothe the intestinal tract, reducing gas, bloating and cramping.
Milk thistle helps strengthen the liver, the main detoxifying organ, giving it antioxidant protection and boosting regeneration.
Probiotics help reduce levels of heavy metals, balance your digestive system, cleanse your liver and degrade/flush toxic buildup.